Skip to Content

Office of the New York State Comptroller’s Seal

NYS Comptroller

Thomas P. DiNapoli

Coordinated Plan

For ERS Tier 5 Members

(Article 15)

Withdrawing Your Contributions and/or Your Membership

If you leave public employment with less than ten years of credited service, you may end your membership and withdraw your accumulated contributions (with interest compounded at 5 percent per year). To do this, you should file the Withdrawal Application (RS5014) Adobe pdf no earlier than 15 days after you leave public employment. Once you have ten or more years of credited service, you cannot withdraw from the Retirement System.