NYS Comptroller Seal  

Bureau of State Payroll Services

Date: September 6, 2002

Bulletin No. SU-79

Subject GSEU Doctoral Program and Retention Cash Payment for 2002-2003
Purpose To provide guidelines and processing procedures for Cash Payments.
Affected Employees Doctoral students in Bargaining Unit 28.
Effective Date There will be 4 payments for the 2002-2003 academic year:
Check dated September 25, 2002
Check dated December 18, 2002
Check dated February 12, 2003
Check dated May 7, 2003
Contract Provisions and Eligibility Criteria Article 5.13 of the 1999-2003 Agreement between the State and the Graduate Student Employees Union (GSEU) authorizes cash payments to new and existing doctoral student employees who are active in BU-28 at any time during the 2002-2003 academic year (8/15/02-6/4/03).

Employees at campuses with doctoral programs may receive payments up to a maximum of four times a year at the discretion of the Dean of the Graduate Student Department.

Campuses with doctoral programs are:
28019 University at Albany
28029 University at Binghamton
28039 University at Buffalo
28059 SUNY at Stony Brook
28109 Health Science Center at Brooklyn
28119 Health Science Center at Syracuse
28559 Environmental Science and Forestry
28589 College of Optometry
Agency Actions Processing Procedures Each campus must provide a Doctoral Cash Payment roster, in Empl. ID order, to SUNY Systems Administration.

Submit payments on the Time Entry Panel as follows:
Earnings Begin Date: Use current pay period of appropriate pay dates
Earnings End Date: Use current pay period of appropriate pay dates
Earn Code: DCP
Amount: Enter amount of payment

For non-resident aliens, use one of the following Earning Codes:
XDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 17
YDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 18
ZDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 19

Payroll Register and Employee's Check/Advice The earnings code DCP will be displayed on the payroll register. The earnings description SUNY Doctoral Cash Payment (SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 17, IC 18, IC 19) will be printed on the employee's pay stub or advice.
Questions Questions about these payments may be directed to SUNY Systems Administration.

Payroll related questions should be directed to your OSC payroll auditor.