NYS Comptroller Seal  

Bureau of State Payroll Services

Date: May 2 , 2002

Bulletin No. SU-73

Subject GSEU Doctoral Program and Retention Cash Payment for 2001-2002.
Purpose To provide guidelines and processing procedures for Cash Payments.
Affected Employees Doctoral students in Bargaining Unit 28.
Effective Date Administration pay period 3L, checks Dated May 22,2002.
Contract Provisions and Eligibility Criteria Article 5.13 of the 1999-2003 Agreement between the State and the Graduate Student Employees Union (GSEU) authorizes cash payments to new and existing doctoral student employees whowere active in BU-28 at any time during the 2001-2002 academic year (8/16/01-6/5/02).

Eligible employees at campuses with doctoral programs may receive payment based at the discretion of the Dean of the Graduate Student Department.

Eligible Campuses with doctoral programs are:
28019 University at Albany
28029 University at Binghamton
28039 University at Buffalo
28059 SUNY at Stony Brook
28109 Health Science Center at Brooklyn
28119 Health Science Center at Syracuse
28559 Environmental Science and Forestry
28589 College of Optometry
Agency  Processing Procedures Each campus will be required to provide a Doctoral Cash Payment roster, in Empl. ID order, to SUNY Systems Administration.The payments will be made through the Time Entry Panel as follows:

Earnings Begin Date: 4/25/02*
Earnings End Date: Same as Begin Date
Earn Code: DCP
Amount: Enter amount of payment

For non-resident aliens, one of the following Earning Codes should be used:

XDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 17
YDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 18
ZDP SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 19

*If not active in BU 28 on 4/25/02, enter the last day the employee was active in BU 28.

Payroll Register and Employee's Check/Advice The earnings code DCP will be displayed on the payroll register. The earnings description SUNY Doctoral Cash Payment (SUNY Doctoral Cash Pymt IC 17, IC 18, IC 19) will be printed on the employee's pay stub or advice.
Questions Questions about these payments may be directed to SUNY Systems Administration.

Payroll related questions should be directed to your OSC payroll auditor.