NYS Comptroller Seal  

Bureau of State Payroll Services

Date: March 13, 2000

 Bulletin No. SU-34

Subject 1999-2000 SUNY Bonus Lump Sum Payment
Purpose To inform agencies of payment instructions
Affected Employees Employees in Negotiating Units 08 and 41.
Effective Date  Payment will be included in the employee's regular check dated April 12, 2000.
Eligibility Part-time Academics who are teaching the spring semester must be on the payroll March 1, 2000 and have at least one semester or the equivalent service during the period beginning January 1, 1999. The amount is either $50, $100, $200 or $250 based on the number of courses taught.
Agency Information Effective pay period 26L, payments for eligible employees are to be processed through the Time Entry panel as follows:

Earnings Begin Date: 3/01/00
Earnings End Date: 3/01/00
Earn Code: RBP
Amount: applicable amount

For Non Resident Aliens the following Earnings Codes should be used:

XA1 for Income Code 17
YA1 for Income Code 18
ZA1 for Income Code 19

Employees who meet the criteria and are on authorized leave without pay on March 1, 2000 are entitled to the payment if they return to the payroll prior to December 31, 2000.

Overtime Calculations To report overtime for employees who have received this payment, agencies are to calculate the overtime amount for the payment

and use the overtime code OTO or OWO. The automatic lump sum bonus payment amount is to be included in the overtime calculation from 03/01/2000 to 02/28/2001.

If the employee received RBP in the Fall, both payments must be included for overtime worked from 3/1/2000 through 9/28/2000. In the time entry comments, state the amount of lump sum payment bonus payment that was used for the calculation.

Payroll Register and Employee’s Check/Advice The earn code RBP, XA1, YA1 or ZA1 and the amount will be displayed on the payroll register and the employee’s check or direct deposit advice.
Questions Questions about these payments may be directed to SUNY System Administration. Payroll related questions should be directed to your OSC Payroll Auditor.