Reporting Line Number Changes
Line number changes must be reported first in NYSTEP using the Title and Position Management (TPM) Mass Change Process for Line Item Realignment (LNR); do not use a Position Move (MOV) via a TPM Short Form Request. Once approved in NYSTEP, agencies must report these changes in PayServ using the following procedures since there is no automatic mass realignment process in PayServ.
- Access the Position Data (Agency) page using the following path: Home > Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Position Data (Agency)
- Insert a row on the Position Data (Agency) page using an Effective Date of 03/26/15 (Administration) or 04/02/15 (Institution).
- The Reason code Z12 (Agency Update of Position Data) will automatically default on the Description page.
- Enter the appropriate value in the Line Number field.
- If applicable, update the Position Pool ID field on the Specific Information page by expanding the Education and Government section at the bottom of the page.
- Click SAVE.
If the position is filled, a row will be inserted automatically on the incumbent’s Job Data page when the position is saved and the following message will appear:
“Examined: 1, Bypassed: 0, Update Errors: 0, Update Warnings: 0, Clean Updates 1. (24000,230)
During the Update Incumbent processing, the above counts reflect the number of incumbents examined for update, those for whom Job updating was bypassed, those for whom Job updates failed due to error, those for whom Job updates were successful with warning messages issued and those for whom Job updates were successful with no warning or error messages issued.”
If the incumbent has a row on the Job Data page that is subsequent to the effective date of the line number change, the incumbent will not be automatically updated. The agency must submit a New Posn on the Job Action Requests page using the effective date of the line number change and the Reason code CHL (Change Line). A transaction must be requested for all affected rows on the employee’s Job Data page.
These changes should be completed before other transactions for Pay Period 1 are reported on the Job Data or the Job Action Requests page in order to ensure the appropriate information is reflected on the employee’s record.
Deleting Position Pools
If a Position Pool is no longer used by the agency and should be inactivated, insert a row on the Position Pool Table using the next pay period begin date as the Effective Date and change the Status by selecting Inactive from the drop down list, then click Save. Please make sure no Position Numbers are tied to that Position Pool ID. A pool should not be inactivated when it is associated to a position regardless of whether it is filled.