To reserve an Empl ID, navigate to:
Workforce Administration > Job Information > NYS Employee ID Request
- Reserving an Empl ID requires the entry of a Social Security Number and is only available when the employee has a Social Security Number.
- When the SSN and DeptID fields are entered and the SAVE push button is clicked, the system will assign the next available Empl ID based on the last Empl ID assigned in the system installation table.
- The new Empl ID will be an 8-digit number prefixed by the letter N.
- The new Empl ID will be displayed on the page in the Empl ID field.
- The reservation expires approximately sixty (60) days after the request is recorded. If a hire transaction corresponding to the SSN is not completed within 60 days, the reservation will be deleted.
NOTE: The reserve Empl ID feature is optional. It is not a prerequisite to entering the new Hire transaction. Agencies can enter new Hire transactions without pre-assigning an Empl ID.
All new hire transactions entered on-line, directly into PayServ will display the Person ID value of "NEW" until the transaction is saved. When the transaction is SAVED, the Empl ID will be displayed.
If a user enters a New Hire transaction on-line, directly into PayServ, and an Empl ID has been reserved (or pre-assigned), the value "NEW" will be displayed in the Person ID field and will be grayed out until the new hire transaction is saved. When the transaction is saved, the system will evaluate the pre-assigned Empl ID table to determine if an Empl ID was reserved for the person. If a reserved Empl ID is found for the Social Security Number associated with the New Hire transaction, the system will assign and display the Empl ID that was pre-assigned.
For more information on changes to the online Hire transaction, see Bulletin No. 1203.