The Control-D W-2 Audit report (NPAY731) identifies employees who received a W-2 from their agency only. Agencies will be able to reissue W-2s to those employees listed on their NPAY731 Report.
To prepare a reissued W-2, follow this path after logging into PayServ: Home>Compensate Employees>Maintain Payroll Data (US)>Inquire
- Click on “W2 Reprint.”
- Select the EmplID search option.
- Enter the EmplID of the employee requesting a replacement W-2 and click on Search.
- When the W2 Reprint page opens, confirm the correct employee’s W-2 information is displayed.
- Click on the “View Printable W-2” button at the bottom of the page.
- The W-2 statement for the calendar year 2008 will appear.
Note: Information on the reissued W-2 is identical to that which appeared on the original W-2.
- To print the reissued W-2, select “File,” then “Print” from the Windows toolbar at the upper left side of the page.
IRS regulations require the W-2 forms to be printed in black ink and on white paper (at least 9 pound).
Since the reprinted W-2 is not printed on perforated paper, agencies must separate the copies on the first page by cutting on the two dotted lines before distributing to the employee. To comply with IRS regulations, the copies must be cut prior to giving them to the employee.
Complete printing instructions may be found in the attachment to Payroll Bulletin No. 535.
This replacement W-2 is a duplicate of the original W-2; therefore recent address changes will not be reflected. If mailing to the employee, it will be necessary to use the current employee address. OSC recommends that agencies do not use a window envelope, as the employee’s Social Security Number will be visible.