The Control-D W-2 Audit report (NPAY731) identifies the agency from which the employee’s original W-2 was issued. Agencies will only be able to reissue W-2s to those employees listed on their NPAY731 Report.
After logging into PayServ, follow this path: Home>Compensate Employees>Maintain Payroll Data (US)>Inquire
- Click on “W2 Reprint.”
- Select the EmplID search option.
- Enter the EmplID of the employee requesting a replacement W-2 and click on Search.
- When the W2 Reprint page opens, confirm the correct employee’s W-2 information is displayed.
- Click on the “View Printable W-2” button at the bottom of the page.
- The W-2 statement for the calendar year 2006 will appear. Note: Information on the reissued W-2 is identical to that which appeared on the original W-2.
- Printing instructions are given in the attachment to this bulletin. Netscape and Internet Explorer users must change browser settings.
IRS regulations require the W-2 forms to be printed in black ink and on white paper (at least 9 pound).
- To print the reissued W-2, select “File,” then “Print” from the Windows toolbar at the upper left side of the page.
Since the reprinted W-2 is not printed on perforated paper, agencies must separate the copies on the first page by cutting on the two dotted lines before distributing to the employee. To comply with IRS regulations, the copies must be cut prior to giving them to the employee.
This replacement W-2 is a duplicate of the original W-2; therefore recent address changes will not be reflected. If mailing to the employee, it will be necessary to use the current employee address. OSC recommends that agencies do not use a window envelope, as the employee’s Social Security Number will be visible.