SEFA Campaign Guidelines and Agency Actions
- Agencies should review the authorization card and verify the completeness, accuracy and legibility of the Federated Fund Code, Amount of Deduction, Employee’s Agency Code, Social Security Number and Name.
- The pre-printed Federated Fund Code, which appears at the top right of the form, should be used as the Deduction Code. Cards that have been modified must be returned to the employee for completion of a new card or authorization of a deduction for the Federated Fund organization identified by the pre-printed code.
- The Amount of Deduction is the amount to be deducted from each paycheck in the calendar year, not the total amount of the pledge.
- The employee’s signature is required to authorize the payroll deduction.
Agencies are required to enter 2007 Federated Fund (SEFA) transactions into PayServ on the General Deduction Data (Agency) page, using the following instructions:
- After logging into PayServ, access the General Deduction Data (Agency) page.
- Enter the Social Security Number from the authorization card in the EmplID field of the dialog box and click Search.
- The employee’s General Deduction page appears. Click on View All.
- Determine whether the employee already has a deduction record for the specific Federated Fund Number on the authorization card by scrolling through the Deduction Codes using the scroll bar.
- If a record with the same Federated Fund (SEFA) Deduction Code already exists, click on the + sign to add a new row in the Deduction Details page, insert a row and continue with Step 6.
- If there is not an existing row for the Federated Fund (SEFA) Deduction Code, click on the + sign to add a new row in the General Deduction page, insert a row and continue with Step 5.
- Deduction Code - enter the correct Deduction Code for the Federated Fund (SEFA) from the authorization card.
- Effective Date - enter the effective date for the 2007 deduction to begin as follows:
- Deduction Calculation Routine – select Flat Amount from the drop down box.
- Deduction End Date:
Note: For employees participating in the Continuous Giving Program, a deduction end date should not be entered. (Please see the Continuous Giving Program below.)
- Flat/Add Amount – enter the amount to be deducted from each biweekly paycheck.
- Save the transaction.
The Goal Amount field should not to be used when entering SEFA transactions (see Exception below).
If an employee has a Goal Amount/Goal Balance in the existing record and the agency enters a transaction for 2007, the Goal Amount and Goal Balance will roll up on the newly inserted row unless the Goal Amount and Goal Balance are equal. Agencies must delete the Goal Amount and Goal Balance on the 2007 row and then save the transaction.
If a participant chooses to elect other than the full year (26 pay periods), the agency payroll office must enter the total amount of the annual contribution in the Goal Amount field as well as the flat amount to be deducted biweekly. The appropriate effective and end dates must be used as outlined above.