The VendRep System
The VendRep System is a secure application that allows vendors to enter, maintain and certify their Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire. Once the questionnaire is certified, it is available for review by the State contracting entity.
Also, after the contract is awarded, both the vendor and State contracting entity can view the status of the contract once it’s submitted for approval to the Office of the State Comptroller.
Using the online questionnaire
The VendRep System includes all four versions of the questionnaire. The appropriate version of the questionnaire is automatically assigned to the vendor based on its business type and business activity.
If the State contracting entity chooses the online option, it must notify prospective bidders in the solicitation document. (Use the specific language found on page 11 of the VendRep System Welcome Package.)
Things to keep in mind:
- Completion of the online questionnaire does not automatically qualify the vendor for an award or guarantee a contract award.
- The Office of the State Comptroller does not review the responses to the questionnaire until after the State contracting entity has submitted their determination.
Updating and certifying the online questionnaire
An online questionnaire is considered “current” if it has been certified within six months of the agency-defined due date for the questionnaire. However, even where there is a current certified online questionnaire, it is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure that the questionnaire reflects any material changes that have occurred since it last certified the questionnaire.
State contracting entities (or our office) may require updates at other times, such as when information has become known about a vendor that raises a concern.
Setting up automatic email notifications
To help streamline the review process, State contracting entities can receive an automatic email notification when the questionnaire has been certified. This can be set up by either the vendor or State contracting entity through their account.
Also, if the vendor has multiple users with different roles on the account, certifiers can receive an email notification once the questionnaire is complete and ready for certification.
Searching for New York State contracts
Through the VendRep System, vendors and State contracting entities may also:
- view the status of their own contracts submitted to the Office of the State Comptroller for approval; and
- search all approved contracts in New York State.
- Enroll in the VendRep System
- Create Users and Assign Roles
- VendRep System Welcome Package (PDF)
- VendRep System Checklist (PDF)