Skip to Content

Office of the New York State Comptroller’s Seal

NYS Comptroller

Thomas P. DiNapoli

Preparing for Retirement

Share This Page:

Part Six: Filing Your Retirement Application

Filing Your Retirement Application

Other Documents to be Submitted:

  • Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments
    • Enables you to have federal taxes withheld from your pension

There are also other documents you must submit, either along with your retirement application or by the last day of the month in which you retire.

When we receive your application, we'll send you a letter confirming that we're processing it. Remember, your pension is not taxed by New York State nor are deductions taken for Social Security.

If you're not sure how much federal tax you should have withheld, use the Federal Tax Withholding Calculator on our website. You can change your withholding status at any time simply by sending us a new form.