In-State Private Equity Investment Program
This program invests in private equity funds that target technology-based startups and established businesses in the State seeking expansion capital. The program generates solid returns for the state pension fund and the one million members, retirees and beneficiaries who depend on it. As an added bonus, it spurs private sector investments and jobs—upstate and downstate—by investing in businesses that want to expand here. Since 2007, Comptroller DiNapoli has doubled the capital committed to this program.
Read the September 2014 report Investing in New York State.
- 20 percent internal rate of return on fully exited investments.
- $293 million returned to the Fund on $179 million exited investments in 71 companies.
- $729 million has already been invested in 282 New York State companies.
- $6.7 billion has been invested between the Fund and partner private equity firms, including $2.4 billion in upstate New York companies.
- Rochester-based OyaGen Inc. Works to Find HIV and Viral Disease Cures
- Work Market Expands and Adds Jobs on Long Island