Local Government and School Accountability
Audits: What is a Performance Audit?
Performance Audits include:
Economy and Efficiency Audits which determine:
- whether the entity is operating economically and efficiently,
- the causes of inefficiencies of uneconomical practices, and
- whether the entity has complied with laws and regulations.
- And -
Program Audits which determine:
- the extent to which desired results or benefits are being achieved, and;
- whether the entity has complied with significant laws and regulations applicable to the program.