The online agency Hire transaction has been changed as follows:
- When entering a new Hire transaction in PayServ, the Person ID field will be populated with the word “NEW” and the field will be grayed out as follows:
- When the new Hire is saved, the system will assign the next available Empl ID based on the last Empl ID assigned in the system Installation Table.
- The new Empl ID will be an 8-digit number prefixed by the letter N.
- The new Empl ID will be displayed on the page as follows:
- On the Modify a Person page, the NYS EMPL ID field label has been changed to Alternate ID. Agencies may update/edit this field to capture a unique agency identifier, if one is used.
In addition to these changes to the online Hire transaction, a feature has been added to allow agencies to reserve an Empl ID so it can be assigned and used before the Hire transaction is completed in PayServ.
All new hire transactions entered on-line, directly into PayServ, will display the Person ID value of "NEW" until the transaction is saved. When the transaction is SAVED, the Empl ID will be displayed.
If a user enters a New Hire transaction on-line, directly into PayServ and an Empl ID has been reserved (or pre-assigned), the value "NEW" will be displayed in the Person ID field and will be grayed out until the new hire transaction is saved. When the transaction is saved, the system will evaluate the pre-assigned Empl ID table to determine if an Empl ID was reserved for the person.
If a reserved Empl ID is found for the Social Security Number associated with the New Hire transaction, the system will assign and display the Empl ID that was pre-assigned.
See Bulletin No. 1204 for more information.